Shawna Nahal joined PMR Law as an associate after completing her articles at the firm.
Shawna’s practice focuses primarily on assisting lenders and builders on commercial and construction financing transactions. She assists corporations with general contractual and commercial issues including purchase and sale transactions and related rollover and planning issues. She handles civil litigation matters and has been successful in a trial before the Court of Queen’s Bench of Alberta.
Shawna received a Master of Laws from Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto, Canada with high academic standing. During her Master’s studies at Osgoode, Shawna developed practice relevant insights in specific areas of law such as corporate finance, shareholder and director issues and commercial and real estate transactions.
Areas of Practice
- Commercial and Construction Lending and Financing
- Civil Litigation
- Alberta, 2017
- Osgoode Hall Law School, Toronto, Ontario, Canada – 2015
- Major: Master of Laws
- University of Leicester, Bachelor of Laws With Honours – 2013
- University of Calgary, Haskayne School of Business 2006 – 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Alberta, Member, 2017 – Present
- Canadian Bar Association, Member: Taxation Non-Specialist Section and Real Property Law Commercial Section